Finding the right heartwarming words to write in a sympathy card has never been easier. As a matter of fact, there is no perfect way to describe your intense emotions and say that you are sorry for their loss and there is nothing you could do to heal their pain.
But what matters the most is your empathetic, kind, and thoughtful words that somehow make the grieving person a little bit satisfied and relieved- which is why sending a condolence card with a deep sympathy message is the only way to show your support.
However, if you are not able to find the right words to express your heartache and couldn’t formulate a message to write in a condolence card, then you need to read this article till the end.
Here we have compiled a list of handwritten comforting sympathy messages that are meant to show support if your dear ones lost their parents, husbands, siblings, or friends.
Common Sympathy Messages for Everyone!
These short, simple, and deep sympathy messages are just great starters to support someone. Use these messages to make a grieving person a bit comforting.
- “My deepest, heartfelt condolences are with you and your family”
- “I am sorry for your loss”
- “It’s terrible to hear about your loss, my deep condolences are with you”
- “Really sad to hear the news. Please know that I am a phone call away from you”
- “Thinking of you and wishing you some moments of peace”
- “I am truly sorry for your loss. Please accept my warm condolences”
- “Your loss has left me deeply saddened. I am always here for you”
Sympathy Messages for the Loss of a Mother:
The bond between children and mother is so respectful, unbreakable, and filled with undying love. She supports her children no matter what- even when reaching their adulthood.
That’s the reason, the loss of a mother is nothing less than devastating. Here are few comforting words to say when someone loses their mother.
- “I am sorry to learn of your mother’s passing. She was a wonderful and brave woman who will be missed by many people.”
- “I didn’t know your mother, but she must have been an incredible woman to raise someone as special as you”
- “My deepest condolences on the loss of your mother. May her soul rest in peace”
- “Remembering your wonderful mother and wishing you lots of peace and comfort”
- “She is still there watching you. So, hold onto her memories. She wouldn’t want to see you cry. Please stay strong”
- “She will forever be in our hearts. May her soul rest in peace”
Sympathy Messages for the Loss of a Father:
Finding some soothing words to express the loss of someone’s father is a bit daunting thing. Here we have mentioned some ideas that you can use to express your condolences.
- “May you and your family find peace and comfort at this moment”
- “My condolences to you for the passing of your father. There will never be another man like him”
- “No words can describe how sorry I am for the loss of your father. Please accept my condolences”
- “We are deeply saddened by your father’s death. Here are our condolences to your family.”
- “Your father did a great job raising a person like you. May you feel his pride and love”
- “Your dad was a great mentor to me. I am sorry to hear about his passing. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers”
Sympathy Messages for the Loss of a Husband:
Losing a husband is very painful for every woman. No words of sorrow can give the grieving lady a little comfort on that loss. However, it’s crucial to let them know that you are sorry for their loss.
- “What a painful loss. Please accept my deep condolences over the passing of your husband. May his soul rest in peace”
- “He must have gone away, but he is still right next to you. Love never dies. Please take care of yourself”
- “With sincere sympathy on the passing of your husband, we share your grief in the profound loss”
- “There will be no physical presence for sure, but memories will always remain there. Sorry to hear about your husband”
- “My heart aches on the demise of your husband. He was one of the kindest persons I have ever met”
- “My deep sympathies go to you in this trying time. May his soul rest in peace”
Sympathy Messages for the Loss of a Wife:
Losing a wife changes the person immeasurably. It’s absolutely heartbreaking. He feels sorry for the rest of his life but sadly, cannot express how he feels!
Here are few thoughtful messages to send condolences to a grieving husband.
- “My deepest sympathies for your loss. Your wife was a wonderful lady, and we will always miss her so much”
- “Please accept my heartfelt condolences for the loss of your wife”
- “The joys your kindhearted wife brought to the world will never be forgotten”
- “Letting you know that I am thinking about you and always here whenever you want to talk”
- “No one can replace the wonderful person your wife was. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Sympathy Messages for the Loss of a Child:
The loss of a child is probably one of the most painful tragedies of life one must ever go through. Here are some comforting words to write when someone loses their child.
- “I cannot imagine what you are going through. My deepest condolences are with you”
- “I wish I could bring comfort and acceptance. But all we can do is pray for him”
- “I know I cannot heal your pain, but I am always here for you”
- “Very sorry for this irreparable loss. May his soul rest in peace”
Send Sympathy Messages with Flowers:
At times, your sympathies require a kind and heartwarming message, but when you combine the gesture with sending flowers, it gets more comforting for the grieving person. It shows that you are always here, and you deeply care about them.
So, if you want to share condolences with someone, make sure you include condolence flowers with sympathy messages to let someone know that they are not alone in this.
At Flower Delivery Canberra, we are always here to make things easy for you. Browse our collections and figure out what could be the most pain-relieving bouquet for your dear ones in such hard times.