We have all been there at some point in our life.
We spend hours shopping around for a perfect wedding card and finally end up buying something that could be really adored and appreciated by the recipient. But what comes next? We get home and figure out what wedding messages and wishes to write in a card for the soon-to-be-married couple.
Well, the good news is, you don’t have to follow some hard and fast rules for writing a perfect message. As long as your wedding wishes are heartwarming, filled with love and excitement, you don’t have to worry and spend hours choosing the right words.
So, if you have just got a wedding card and holding a pen in your fingers thinking what meaningful words to send as a positive wish, you have come to the right place. Here we have mentioned formal, informal, and different kinds of weddings messages to write in a card that would definitely touch the heart and soul of your recipient.
Formal Wedding Messages:
If you are attending a wedding of a couple who you do not personally know, then maybe writing something formal is the right way to congratulate. The message should be thoughtful and not so fancy or flashy. Make sure it communicates your wishes well, for example, the below list of formal messages is probably the best option to consider.
- “May your future be filled with unlimited love, joys, happiness, and laughter”
- “May your love grow stronger with each passing year”
- “Wishing you joys, love, and happiness on your wedding day and as you begin your new life together”
- “May you two always stay together in love”
- “May your marriage give you endless tenderness and unforgettable moments”
- “Sending best wishes on this wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together”
- “I hope your life together be filled with loads of love and joys.”
- “Thank you for letting us share in your big day. We wish you all the happiness in the world”
- “Here’s to a long and happy life with the one you love”
Short and Casual Wedding Messages:
If you don’t feel comfortable writing such long and heavy sentences, then it’s okay. You can also go for short, precise, and casual messages that convey your positive thoughts and wishes. Put it simply but sweet and positive.
- “Best wishes for the loveliest couple”
- “Congratulations on your big day”
- “I am so happy for you, wish you love and happiness”
- “Lots of love today and beyond”
- “Bundle of love, hugs, and kisses”
- “Wishing you a long and happy marriage”
- “Happily ever after, Congratulations”
- “Let your marriage live as long as the sun does”
- “May this be the beginning of a happy life together”
- “…a long way to go…wishing you a flowery path. Congrats”
Funny Wedding Wishes:
If the couple is close to your heart, write something funny that could make them laugh on their special day. make sure you don’t write something sarcastic. Also, do not go off-limits. Something that sounds insulting or lame will make them angry on their big day. Keep the message positive yet funny, like this:
- “Happy wedding, welcome to a dangerous world of married life. it’s too late to repent.”
- “Did you take happiness insurance before applying for marriage? It can’t be done later. Happy marriage”
- “As Bill and Ted said, be excellent to each other”
- “Today you have been cramped with a holy bond, may this bond lasts forever”
- “Being married is like any other job, it helps if you like your boss. Congrats though”
- “It’s two together forever. Make no provision for a third party unless you are inviting us for a jolly dinner. Stay blessed always”
Religious Wedding Messages and Wishes:
If the couple is a bit religious, it’s recommended to send them lots of wishes and prayers on their special day. Before writing anything religious, also consider the couple’s beliefs and practices about religion.
If you are unsure of what religious message to write on a card, go for these:
- “May your marriage be blessed always”
- “May God shower your new life together with a lot of blessings”
- “Happy wedding. May God bless and carry you through a lifetime of happiness”
- “May God bless you with all the luxuries and wealth of the world. Have a blissful married life ahead”
- “Congratulations on your wedding. God has so many more wonderful things planned for your future”
- “May God guide you throughout your marriage life. Have a blessed and joyful family”
- “May joy and peace surround you, contentment latch your door, and happiness be with you now and bless you even more”
Wedding Card Messages for Friends:
If your friends are getting married, make sure you write something interesting, positive, and soothing that brings ultimate happiness. Here are few examples of writing a wish for a friend:
- “I am so happy to call you both my friends who are going to spend the rest of their lives together. Congrats”
- “Of all the special events we have celebrated over the years, today tops the list. Congrats buddies”
- “May your hearts always beat for each other”
- “Congratulations my dear friend. I hope your new life be filled with lots of joys and happiness.”
- “Sending lots of wishes for a long and happy life together”
- “We have had so many laughs together; may you always make each other laugh”
- “May your marriage shine like a star and set an example for others in life. Happy Wedding my dear friend”
Send Beautiful Wedding Messages with a Bunch of Flowers:
If you want to go the extra mile, it’s recommended to send a wedding card with a bunch of beautiful wedding flowers. It would surprise your recipients and make them happier and more special on their big day.
At Flower Delivery Canberra, we are here to make your occasions memorable by providing beautiful wedding bouquets with lovely add-ons like cards and others.
So, if you are not sure what wedding card or flowers will complement each other, visit our website and browse through the collections for a perfect wedding gift inspiration.